Monday 9 September 2013

What A Week

Hi Guys!

So last week was my first at Vogue. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to blog about my time there. What I can tell you is that I am not going to be continuing with the next two weeks there. 
On Friday I was sent home at midday after being sick twice whilst there. I felt dizzy, shaky and had a pounding head ache. Every time I used the lift or stood up I felt I was going to faint. 
Luckily they sent me home and somehow I managed to get myself home, despite it taking over two hours via tube and train. I honestly thought I was going to pass out on the underground. I had a lucozade and crawled in to my bed and slept for hours. I did feel a bit better when I woke up but have spent the last few days feel incredibly nauseous, a bit headachy with tummy ache and bloating. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Margaret or Crohn's and just a bug I have picked up but I know they can be more dangerous if you have a stoma as if you are being sick you can get very dehydrated. I think working so hard for the week has also left me absolutely exhausted. I was not only mentally so tired but also physically. After not doing anything for months my body is just not used to working so hard. Having to lift heavy things and walk for hours on end has made my whole body hurt. Safe to say its been a pretty hard week and made me realise how much below par I still am. 

In other news Margaret has also not been a happy bunny. 
I ran out of my new convex bags so have had to resort back to using the original bags which I had all the leaking problems with, until I got the next delivery.  Unfortunately the leaking problems continued with the first happening at Vogue. Luckily I noticed straight away as it was just after I had been sick... Great! There I was feeling horrible nauseous, shaking like a leaf having to change the bag and clear myself up. The fact I then threw up again is not really surprising. 
The second leak happened that night, I woke up Saturday morning with half the bag lifted off and in a right state. The third leak happened later on that day but was luckily only a minor one. However my skin was now in a pretty poor state. The under side area was incredibly itchy, becoming red raw and quite swollen. A cool shower and twenty minutes with the bag off have helped things but it is still causing me so much jip! A final leak happened today whilst in Waitrose, fantastic! I leant on the counter to pay and felt warmth. This was of course a bad sign as you shouldn't be able to feel anything as Margaret has no nerve endings and she is the only area that should come in to contact with any output. Thank god I was paying as it happened so I could swiftly make my way home and change the bag! I was in luck that the new batch of convex bags had also arrived meaning there should hopefully be no more leaks! Fingers crossed eh!?


This photo doesn't really do it justice!

I haven't really been doing anything else over the past week. My whole time has been revolving around this internship. I have been getting very little sleep, waking up early and getting in at 7:30/8:00 by which time after dinner and a shower I am ready to curl up in bed and sleep! 
I have, however, been helping Matt with some work bits n bobs including addressing hundreds of envelopes! Safe to say we are both ready to never see another stamp again! 


Will catch you all up again soon! 
Lots of love! 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment