Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Scarf

Hi Guys!

So I am pretty much recovered from nasty tonsillitis. It is amazing how quickly the antibiotics work, and although I have a couple days left to take, it should be all cleared up soon! You'll be pleased to know my mood is also better, and I am back to my usual self.
Friday night I babysat before heading home to my brothers 17th birthday party. Matt and our friend, Dave, were on 'bouncer' duties - making sure everything was under control.
Saturday Matt and I headed to The Royal County of Berkshire Show, which we go to every year. Taking Matt to this show would be like to taking me to Disney Land. It is SO up his street, with all sorts of animals, food, power tools and landscaping/farming equipment. The highlights of the day included walking through the food hall, trying to nab as many freebies as possible and going round a 4x4 track. I also came across an amazing find! I found myself a scarf. & not just any scarf... This scarf has dachshunds on it!
For those of you that don't know, I am dying for my very own long haired miniature dachshund! This beautiful scarf is covered in the little dogs. There I was strolling along with Matt before spotting it, screaming and running across the streams of people to get a closer look! I looked completely ridiculous but of course I had to get it and Matt haggled so it was cheap as chips. I was a very happy lady!


We then walked past a fair ground like stall with two games to try and win. Up for grabs were pretty large, stuffed farm yard animals. Most of the time I wouldn't have wasted my money; everyone knows these stalls are designed to be a lot trickier than they look and people rarely win, but my eyes set on the funniest toy pig. We are talking quite a big, pink, fluffy, stuffed pig. I decided to give one game a go, whilst Matt tried the other. There we were stood amongst small children trying to win a stuffed animal. Unfortunately 15 minutes and £7 later neither of us won... unlike the two boys next to us who BOTH won and picked a huge cow each. As much as I loved the pig, we decided that we wouldn't pay the £25 it cost to buy it out right. Looking back this was a very sensible decision.
We spent the rest of the time wandering amongst the stalls, I came away with some gorgeous bread and obviously my beautiful scarf. Matt came home with a chain and some jump leads - very exciting - but he was a happy chappy! Between us we also picked three different flavour ciders to share! 


We also bought my Mum a metal, painted cockerel - I know, sounds ridiculous, but she loved it and it does look pretty smart in our conservatory. 


On Sunday, Matt and I drove to Crystal Palace to watch them play against Swansea - they lost but I had a great time, despite the area we were sat in smelling of yoghurt...
It has been so lovely to spend time with Matt and we had such a good weekend. I was shattered and fell asleep super early on Sunday night but it was definitely worth it. 

This morning was my first day back at Uni for third year. I wasn't nervous about the work or anything, I was however nervous about Margaret. This would be Margaret's first day at Uni. I wasn't concerned about actually dealing with Margaret but I was pretty nervous about the fact that everyone knows about her. I knew it would only be natural for people to look and see if they could see her or ask how I was doing, but the thought of going in to a huge room where many people know I have an ostomy bag was pretty daunting. I didn't want people to feel awkward or not know how to approach me. 
In the end it was all fine, and I barely gave Margaret a second thought! The work load however, is incredibly scary, but I guess that is what third year is all about. 


Brand new notebook - best part of stating a new year!

I now have a bit of a favour to ask you guys. 
My friend, Lottie, is also in her third year of her degree in Photography. She is currently brainstorming ideas for final projects and has discussed looking at people with IBD. 
I was wondering if any of my lovely, fellow IBD sufferers and stoma owners would be willing to be contacting by Lottie for some more information. If this is okay with you, please comment here or message me on my twitter @gabicox12

Thank you all so much! 
Lots of love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment