Sunday 29 September 2013

Allergic Reaction & a Big Work Load

Hi Guys!

In the past few days I have had lots of wonderful high profile people tweet and spread the word about this blog! The likes of Hilary Alexander, Abbey Clancy, Gemma Cairney, Frank Turner and for all of you Strictly fans out there, Karen Hauer and Kristina Rihanoff! I am so grateful that these lovely people  have helped raise awareness for a disease that not many people understand or know about. It is also fantastic that it is getting people talking about stomas and ostomies - something which many people are too embarrassed to mention.

The past week has been spent babysitting and doing Uni work - it has taken me all week to get back in to the swing of doing work and being busy every day. It sounds terrible but I haven't had to be busy for a long time. It does, however, feel so good to use my brain and get stuff done. I am a bit concerned with how much I am taking on - I start my new job next week and have been terrified by the amount of Uni work I have to do. It is very frightening.

I also managed to complete my first ever cardio gym class for the first time since Margaret. I have of course done my run and a few pilates classes but as yet had not done more than thirty minutes of cardio exercise. I arrived to the class a bit apprehensive but had picked a circuit class which was described as 'more relaxed' and 'great for beginners' - I figured this was a good place to start. There were only five other women there initially - they all seemed pretty relaxed, one even came with a cup of tea, I did worry that I was taking on a particularly easy class that would end up being a waste of money. But I tell you, these women were incredible. We were joined by ten or so more women of varying ages and it was quite the work out. I really did enjoy it but also came away sweaty, red faced and pretty gross.



The problem I have found in the past with a couple of other classes is that by half an hour in I am struggling to keep up. Hopefully this is something I will be able to improve on and will be tackling some hard on work outs!

Friday I ventured out on a dog walk with Matt and Jake, which was brilliant except for a nasty allergic reaction. I don't know if I inhaled something but I somehow came in to contact with something which caused my eyes and sinuses to swell up, my eyes were itchy and streaming, I couldn't breathe through my nose and my whole face was itching. The symptoms didn't wear off for a good 24 hours, which was not ideal for baby sitting. I looked down right terrible!



Saturday Matt headed off to Southampton for a Palace game - leaving me at home with his 'lovely' Palace jumper. I hate the thing and threatened to dispose of it whilst he wasn't around!


I have begun to write my dissertation which is about gender stereotypes in Disney films and how they effect children.
I am also at the start of figuring out my final major project subject and I think I am going to base it on IBD and body image. It is only early days but I may need to call on all my readers to help with things such as surveys and interviews.
Is this something which any of you would be okay to help with? I am looking for any IBD sufferer and in particular those with a stoma.

This next Friday is my 22nd birthday! It also marks a year from when things went particularly down hill, so I can't wait for this birthday to celebrate getting better.

Lots of love
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Not a sufferer myself but a friend may be able to help...will see what I can do. Fab news re all those retweets btw. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a ibd sufferer and have a Stoma would happily help out with any surveys etc. @BMillsom my Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 16 and was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis around 2 years ago now. I know this may not be exactly what you're looking for but I'd be glad to help if I can, especially as you may be exploring body image? :) My twitter is @fizzingwhizbees if you want to get in touch :)

    ReplyDelete