Sunday 10 November 2013

Changes

Differences I have noticed since having Margaret:
(I dont know if these are related to having Margie or just coincidental)

1/ Indigestion
If I eat too fast I get awful indigestion, the kind that makes you feel sick and like you can't breathe, all at the same time.

2/ Hunger
Now when I get hungry I don't just feel peckish or get grumpy like usual. I actually feel quite poorly, it's like I always need food in me, I guess because it's leaving my body a lot faster than normal. It probably has something to do with my blood sugar or sodium levels, or maybe dehydration. One thing I do know is I do need to eat otherwise I feel poorly, weak and sick.

3/ Cold
I now seem to feel the cold a hell of a lot more than I did before, again this may have nothing to do with the surgery. However, I have read that if you do not have enough fluids then you feel the cold a lot more & one thing that comes with having a stoma is easily becoming dehydrated. This isn't helped by the fact that I am AWFUL at staying on top of my fluid intake.

4/ Lactose Intolerance
Now this is a big bonus! Since old Margie my lactose intolerance has gotten a lot better. I now have to eat double the amount of dairy products before really feeling it. This is great news for my love of pizza and cheeseburgers!

Last week I was looking through some of my stuff whilst packing up all of Matts belongings. It was whilst doing this that I found my two year books from when I was 16 and 18. I loved finding the photo of Matt before we really knew each other and a good two years before we became a couple!


Look how young we look! It's scary that that was 6 years ago, and weird that when these photos were taken we didn't know that we'd end up together...

My weekend was spent moving Matt in to his new home. Part of me was excited and part of me was dreading it. I unfortunately haven't gone with him, being a full time commuting student means I don't have the money to afford to move out. Matt has been living at my home with my parents and brother for about 11 months, and I have loved having him around every night. Although him moving out has it's major plus points I will miss him a lot. I know it sounds ridiculous, as he is only going to be 15 minutes away but with his crazy work schedule I won't be able to see him every day, which I am gutted about. For two years he lived an hour away so I am used to not seeing him all the time but I definitely don't like it....



The moving in weekend went really well and Matt's home is looking so good, I really love it. I did spend much of the time lifting and carrying things up hill but in the end it was worth it. Matts mum and I even managed to assemble a bed side table, even if it did shamefully take us an hour and 15 minutes... Saturday night I made the first meal in the house, sausages, home made wedges and beans, we had to eat on the stairs as not all his furniture had arrived yet! Sunday was spent having a dog walk, yummy breakfast and pub drink and a roast, so all in all a pretty good weekend.
It was slightly shadowed by my absolutely stinking cold which I have yet to shake off. It started with a completely bunged up nose and head ache and has developed in to a down right annoying cough. My body aches and I feel exhausted, this was not helped by a killer 11 hours looking after two children under 6.

My asthma is also something which is getting a lot worse, and something I find a bit scary and am not used to. The first time I had any form of asthma was when I was about 8 and decided it would be a good idea to cuddle 5 kittens knowing I was severely allergic to cats. I ended up being given my blue inhaler for the first time. Since then I have been lucky and have only had to use it a handful of times, until now! Over the past few months my asthma has gotten worse and worse, and now I'm having to use my inhaler at least 4 times a week. I know compared to some people this is nothing but for me it's quite a lot. I hate the feeling of my chest getting tight and coughing a lot, especially in the evenings. I am heading to an asthma clinic next week to hopefully sort out the the problem and maybe get some stronger meds! Heres hoping any ways!

I will leave you with a beautiful photo taken whilst on a dog walk!


Lots of love
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment