Wednesday 5 June 2013

My bags are packed... I'm ready to go!

So tomorrow is D-Day & I am starving. It is now 26 hours and 20 minutes since I last had anything to eat. I actually feel sick, I am that hungry and all I keep thinking about is yummy food. I think it is made worse knowing that after the operation I won't be eating for a bit. Hopefully I won't be very hungry anyway, but knowing me this is not likely!

Last night Dad made me my favourite dinner, home made pizza but that seems so long ago now! I have been drinking lots of juice and lemonade but no where near as many fluids as suggested but half a litre every half hour is crazy!


I have also carried on having a little practice with a fake Margaret to get used to having a bag on and how it will look under clothes. Surprisingly, once she was stuck on I didn't feel her at all and sleeping with her there was also not a problem. I also had a nice relax in the sun with her there, I was a bit concerned that she would heat up but she didn't at all.


I was pleasantly surprised with how well she was disguised under clothes, you couldn't see her at all. 

I also had a lovely visit from one of my best friends, Harry. He came by with a beautiful bunch of flowers! I am honoured as they are about the second bunch he has ever bought anyone, they also happen to be my favourite lilies! Although that was definitely luck more than anything else. 


He also had a cheeky little go on my wheelchair as you do.


Since Harry left, I spent the afternoon having a chilled bath and making sure I am all buffed, shaved and clean ready for my stay. I then packed up all my stuff in to my favourite holdall, and had to fill a green bag with all my medication. Despite being 21 I am taking my bear, Lucy, who I have had for so so long and my lucky charms are also packed and ready. 


I am now starting to get super nervous! I'm trying not to think about it all but every time I do, I get a wave of butterflies. It is a really scary thought that in less than 24 hours I will have had life changing surgery. I keep looking down at my tummy and thinking, 'You'll never look like this again'. Even if by some miracle I have it reversed, I will still have scars on my tummy. Looking back I am angry at myself for ever caring how I looked in a bikini, and stressing about those extra few pounds before a holiday. Now, my worries will be whole lot more than that. I wish I could tell the old me, not to care so much and just enjoy doing what I wanted and wearing what I wanted, tummy fat and all!

I will be spending the next few hours watching TV and trying to distract myself as much as possible. No doubt I will be up half the night, unable to sleep, so I have a whole host of films recorded ready and waiting. I wanted to end the post with a massive thank you to everyone who has been wishing me luck and keeping me going. I will no doubt be updating you all as soon as possible. Fingers crossed everything goes to plan, and I will see you on the other side.


X marks the spot on my poor bloated, mottled tummy


Lots of love
xxx

4 comments:

  1. @ledbetteralicia5 June 2013 at 15:27

    Good luck Gabi! Hope everything goes well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Gabi! Been thinking about you a lot since I commented on your blog & can remember everything you are going through like it was yesterday. Deep breath, be brave and remember this is the start of getting your life back.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your op went ok Gabi, update us soon and tell us how you are. Much love xx

    ReplyDelete