Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year... meet Toby

Happy New Year lovely people.
I am currently sat in bed, watching TV on New Years Day, snuggled up with my gorgeous puppy, Toby...

I have now had him nearly three weeks and its safe to say I am completely in love. He has made me the happiest person and has made me smile every day I've had him. Not least because, as some of you will know and as some of you will have guessed, Matt and I are no longer together. We broke up six weeks ago and as it is his private life too, I won't be going in to details as to why.
But I now have a new guy in my life, a four legged sausage shaped little guy. As you can imagine I have become obsessed with my little pup and am constantly taking photos and videos of him. Here are a few of my favourites for you all...










He has settled in really well, and Flynn (the older of the black labs) has taken to him surprisingly well for such a grumpy old man of a dog, letting him snuggle up to him in his bed. Harry (the younger black lab) is not so keen and seems positively terrified! I think he may be missing Jake and is feeling a bit confused about the tiny new addition. Toby has now had two sets of his jabs, which means in 5 days he can officially go out on walks and meet other dogs and January 6th I start puppy dog classes which is something I am very excited about! Toby now sleeps through the night and is getting there slowly with the potty training, apart from that he is just a gorgeous bundle of love who is stuck to me like glue.

Thanks to my amazing family, friends and Toby - I had a very good Christmas. My wonderful friend, Jess (Cho) returned for a couple of weeks over Christmas from her trip round Oz. It has been lovely to have her back, even if it has just been for little while. My brother, Sean, has also been back for the holidays which always makes me happy. I have been filling my weeks with friends and seeing family, which is also how I spent New Years Eve. I had dinner with my parents before spending the evening and countdown surrounded by my oldest and dearest friends, most of which I have known for 10 or more years. Having such an incredible support system through some horrific times has made everything a lot easier. 2013 has been a shocker, with the last few weeks adding to how crap it has been but my friends have been right there throughout everything and I can't thank them enough. I am determined to make 2014 healthier and happier and I have many plans. If I can get through this year I think I can pretty much get through anything and I know I can also do it on my own. If this time last year someone told me I would now be single, have a Margaret and no longer be working towards a fashion career I would never have believed them. It is scary how many things can change in just 365 days. I am excited for the year ahead and the big changes that are coming, with Toby right by side.




I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and New Year and that 2014 is amazing for you all. Thank you all so much for your amazing support over the last 7 months, I am still blown away by it all.


Lots of love
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. He is too cute! Have such a soft spot for doxie pups, especially black and tan ones, ahh, I'm in love! Sorry to hear about you and Matt...it's crazy how much can change in a year but I believe it's all for a reason and I bet you're not going to regret swapping fashion for teaching, it sounds fab so far! :)
    I've never met you Gabi but you seem like such a lovely, strong woman and I've really loved following you via this blog this year. I hope you, Margaret and Toby have an absolutely fabulous 2014, because, boy, you deserve it! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you so so much for your incredibly kind comment. It really lifted my spirits and made me smile. Knowing that there are such kind strangers out there is lovely and Im very grateful. I hope your 2014 is amazing!
      xxxx

      Delete